A summary of the Manitoba Public Health Orders, Hockey Manitoba Return to Play (Ver. 8) and the RM of Tache Arena Protocol.
With Rust Busters being our Lorette Community Complex’s first ice session of the 2021-2022 season there are some important points to review and comply with as the season gets underway, these also apply to all other arenas in Manitoba.
Per Manitoba Public Health Orders, the following are in place and must be adhered to:
- Those 18 years and older must produce proof of full immunization AND ID to enter the facility. (MB immunization card, electronic QR code, Shared Health immunization record or other provincially approved medium) Youth (under 18 years) engaged in youth sport are exempt
- All employees and users are recommended to continue to physical distance by standing and sitting at least two meters away from other people throughout the facility
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the facility. Dispensers are located at entrance and exit points, as well as high traffic areas and high-risk areas. When entering the facility all patrons are required to utilize the hand sanitizer.
- View: RM of TACHE Arena Protocol (link)
Per Hockey MB, the following is in place and must be adhered to:
- It is mandatory for players, coaches, officials, off-ice officials, volunteers, parents, and spectators to wear face masks when attending Hockey Manitoba-sanctioned activities.
- Face masks must also be worn in all common areas including dressing rooms.
- Coaches are required to wear face masks on the bench, but not on the ice during practices.
- Spectators are required to wear face masks at all times in facilities
- Athletes, coaches, and officials DO NOT have to wear face masks while on the ice
- In order to be eligible to participate in a Hockey Manitoba/Hockey Canada sanctioned program or event in Manitoba, all players, coaches, officials, off-ice officials, team staff, and volunteers 18 years of age and older are required to show proof that they are fully immunized.
- View: Hockey MB Return to Play Plan Version 8 (link)
Per LMH, the following is in place and must be adhered to:
- All players U7-U15 must be accompanied by a fully immunized adult to all events
- All players must complete the attendance and prescreen waiver in TeamLinkt
- There is zero tolerance for harassment of any form towards arena staff, volunteers, other LMH members or patrons of the facilities LMH operates in
- Entry to the facility is through the main entrance ONLY fifteen (15) minutes prior to event
- Exit from the facility is through the north bleacher exit or the west arena exit from the basement or canteen area within fifteen (15) minutes after completing your practice/game
There is a lot of effort to kick-off a season and keep it going, let’s not complicate it further with non- compliance, as it will be met with severe consequences up to and including closure of the facility.
President, Lorette Minor Hockey